Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kits versus dispersed carry, please share your thoughts  (Read 2567 times)

Grog

• Community Page Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.survivalistssite.com/~grog/
Kits versus dispersed carry, please share your thoughts
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »

On the subject of Urban Survival and kits, what about placement of tools and items on the person, not just in say a pack of some kind?

While not perfect, I think Canuck had a good start on this with his vest.   That and remembering last winter when I got my pack ripped off reminded me, this may be a good idea for back ups and OGG (Oh Gee Gollies) in terms of "Dam dam" aka a generic not good situation.

Preps are good, preps with knowledge better. Survivalist Site dot com pages http://www.survivalistssite.com/~grog/

Jerry D Young

• View Profile
Re: Kits versus dispersed carry, please share your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:22:43 PM »

I do that to a small degree, keeping specific items on my person. They include a Leatherman Surge multi-tool, Wenger Survivor Swiss Army Knife, Maglight Solitare flashlight with high output LED conversion, 2.8" blade Leatherman liner lock, Wenger Gentleman's knife with LED light, a signalling whistle, Benchmade knife sharpener, a Brookstone button battery light, Bic lighter, my nitro pills, a larger pill bottle with my noon time medications plus extra, a Write in the Rain notebook, two inkpens, a 2x Fresnel lens, my keys, wallet, watch and bandana. Not a true kit, but a start.
Jerry D Young

Sustainablehome

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page:
Re: Kits versus dispersed carry, please share your thoughts
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »

I used to (when I wore jeans ALL the time) always have a knife on me, no matter where I went (almost had it confiscated at the court house one time because I completely forgot it was there ... thankfully, they let me run out to the truck) and wore a fanny pack full of anything I would need in case of minor emergency.  Now that I've gone a bit girly (I never know if I will have pockets or not), I rely on my purse too much (though, if I get a bigger one it could make a pretty effective weapon!  LOL!).  I rarely leave my property, so, Grog, you have made me think.  I have to fix this. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up