Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm a Lone Wolf survivalist  (Read 1602 times)

LoneWolf

• Blogger
    • View Profile
I'm a Lone Wolf survivalist
« on: April 18, 2011, 12:56:19 AM »

I out there Yes I'm a LONE WOLF SURVIVALIST...This is the way it is because of my family and thing it the past...I am of the old school when there was no internet and you had to get you information for books and magazines...books like "Tappan on survival by Mel Tappan and know if you can found back copies of "Mother  Earth News" and one call "American Survival Guide" other books like Back To Basics: How To Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills
Chickens In Your Backyard: A Beginners Guide
Five Acres and Independence
I know of other books that should be on hand...As I said I'm old school paper is all better...I'm trying to build my library it is slow going...I fun out there and blessing to all
PS: I you have questions here my email biged147@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:00:01 AM by big ed »

ShockWhisper

• View Profile
Re: I'm a Lone Wolf survivalist
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »

I have the Back To Basics: How To Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills. It's a good book.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

I use to be a lone wolf, but over the years I've developed friends in a lot places and some of us have plans for the worst.

I've got some good friends here and actually have a very good place to go.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Sustainablehome

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page:
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »

Yeah, same here, Canuck.  Heck, I might (now that we are getting ready to move, hopefully) have introduced my neighbor to this site.  Well, I gave him my email address and most are curious about survivalistssite.com.  :)  I don't like immediate neighbors knowing anything because, honestly, I just don't trust people that much.  Everything may be just fine during good (or even questionable times like we have recently had) but when the SHTF?  Don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »

Trust? My avatar says it all ;)
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Spence

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:58:09 PM »

I out there Yes I'm a LONE WOLF SURVIVALIST...This is the way it is because of my family and thing it the past...I am of the old school when there was no internet and you had to get you information for books and magazines...books like "Tappan on survival by Mel Tappan and know if you can found back copies of "Mother  Earth News" and one call "American Survival Guide" other books like Back To Basics: How To Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills
Chickens In Your Backyard: A Beginners Guide
Five Acres and Independence
I know of other books that should be on hand...As I said I'm old school paper is all better...I'm trying to build my library it is slow going...I fun out there and blessing to all
PS: I you have questions here my email biged147@yahoo.com

Foxfire series is a good read. Don't chuck out those 40's Pop Mechanics either which I have a complete hardcover set. Even if you can only find incomplete volumes. They show how to make things during the material restrictions of the war which was ongoing. This is where I got the plans for the 400lb spring crossbow I mentioned earlier. Schwenk's books on slipwall stone building as a lot of information. Harrowsmith is a Mother Earth clone publication with a lot of info. Most of all try to make the things you want yourself and experiment. Alternative energy books of the 70's are priceless. You can make a pelton wheel out of standard pipe for a hydro setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up