Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drug Expiration Dates - Do They Mean Anything?  (Read 4135 times)

Blueduck

• Blogger
  • Blueduck
    • View Profile
    • Central Idaho Martial Arts Center
Re: Drug Expiration Dates - Do They Mean Anything?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »

When it comes to health, cheap is NOT the way to go, however, with the current status of health care in the states, it cost me $125 to go on a regular doctor visit, and the 3 hours in the ER the other day, was discount $248 for not having insurance to just $1753.00  .... ive got 6 months to pay it off which should be fine.....

Financially we did not need this at the moment [like anyone would] but better to take control now than to have a stroke, or an organ shut down....

ive lost 4 pounds of the 20 the doctor said was best to best..... trying to eat an atkins style diet, reduce certain things.... but what most folks have to quit i already did.... no huge weight drop in first couple weeks of trying harder..... and the heat makes it unbearable to sleep well, which makes it harder to get out earier and walk before the temperature rises.....

besides cayenne, magnesium is something we all lack, and know its not something most folk prep for.... we did not.....

William
North Central Idaho
Blueduck is an endangered specie...... a native born Idahoan

William
Central Idaho

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 09:11:12 PM »

You're right, cheap is not the way to go. I meant that the costs not go into the super high levels that medical bills can.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Blueduck

• Blogger
  • Blueduck
    • View Profile
    • Central Idaho Martial Arts Center
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »

I figured that is what you meant... i tend to rant a bit still once a day or more ;-)

Blood Pressure is called a silent killer for the main reason it really dont give you a lot of warning as it creeps up until something gives out on you..... I caught it because my dad who is 83 had some health problems and his BP was jumping around due to those problems..... it took me 2 days of watching the and recording the pressures before i called the medical clinic and they advised me to go to the ER as they didnt have an opening available that afternoon..... said it wasnt to critical and a good thing i caught it.... but as an afterthought the nurse said i should have someone else drive me there the 25 miles..... lol.... 241/194 was the high reading at the ER, well above what my monitoring had been for a couple days.....

So now I am back researching different natural remedies for BP medication [besides lowering stress.... can ou imagine stress in a PAW!!] which brings me back to cayenne as a immeadiate relief, and vinegar and several other options to balance out the blood ph and provide alternatives when the medications run out

William
Idaho
Blueduck is an endangered specie...... a native born Idahoan

William
Central Idaho

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 08:23:47 PM »

Ya, high BP can be really bad. Natural remedies are good to know. They're generally easier to get and all those pharma drugs are based on some natural substance.

My doc was concerned about my cholesterol and wanted me on statins. Umm, no. I just started cutting things that were bad for me and working on it. It may not get resolved over night, but I won't have to deal with the side effects of statins.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up