Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOGfarari Machete  (Read 1194 times)

Gungnir

• View Profile
SOGfarari Machete
« on: December 16, 2013, 04:59:46 AM »

POS!
Didnt last 30 min. Blade chipped to to hell in ten minutes clearing small dead sticks, blade chipped again removing the feet and head from a rabbit, chipped again removing the head from a fish. Contacted SOG they offered to replae it but the cost to ship the product to them was more then the machete cost.
SOG ifin your reading this what the hell were you thinking?????? Normally you make some of the best products out there what the hell happened with this? The idea is great, i love the designe, the saw, the stripper, the handle is super comfortable,  etc but the quality of metal sucks. I know its only $20 but seriously take the same designe and use a better metal. So what if its harder to sharpen, a dull machete is better then a broken one. I dont know what it is with you and gerber but your quality in macheteies have drasticly dropped. Folded edges, chipped blades etc, I thought this was mabe an icolated incedent but unfortunatly google agrees with me. Spen the extra $10 per machete, improve the metal and raise the price by $20. Trust me people will still pay $40 for somthing that is reliable instead of $20 for crap.

If you are reading this and decide to improve this product make the style more of a bolo designe and add a bit of weight to the tip while your at it. Then you would dominat the market.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: SOGfarari Machete
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:20 PM »

That sucks. I have a SOG Fasthawk, mebbe I should take it out and abuse it some. My girlfriend has a SOG pocket knife that is good.

For machetes I love my Cold Steel and Ontario Knife Co. ones.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Gungnir

• View Profile
Re: SOGfarari Machete
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:40:49 PM »

I got a hatchet of theres and knife and shovel. They actually all came in a kit, everything else was great just the machete sucked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up