Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 92 jeep yj  (Read 3987 times)

Gungnir

• View Profile
Re: 92 jeep yj
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »

So heres where im at with this project. I have completed my 8.8 axel swap in the rear end. A week ago I flopped it on the trils and damaged my running boards, my solution to this is im gonna make some custome rock sliders/guards. The ford bench seat was in pretty bad shape so it never went in but im still looking for one. Last week my cad went .... again.... so I found a new in box never used posi lock for sale for $100  so im in the process of getting tht shipped down and the belts on my tires seperated so im also trying to track down new/used replacments. Once thats all fixed new winch, front and rear bumpers, roofrack/light bar, and roll cage. As im designing my role cage im keeping in mind that i my need to attach bags to the cage. Armour for the outside, bed lining on the inside, high knuckle steering, and finally a v8 swap.
For a bit I was cosidering a rooftop tent but the relized when out in the back woods I have yet to find a place to park that is flat lol so sleeping on the roof has beeen abandoned lol.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »

Sounds like lots of work to be done.

You could put in air bags it would help with clearance and level the Jeep, then you could sleep on the roof unless you're on a serious incline :)

Of course you could always get a hammock. Then as long as you have one tree you can tie the hammock to the roll cage and a tree and have a nice level place to sleep. On the slightly more insane side of things... weld on a piece of capped pipe on each bumper (cap on bottom with hole for water drainage), they become sleeves for two longer pipes that get put in them and you tie your hammock to the upright pipes. Weld a couple of rings on the uprights to prevent the hammock rope from sliding down or as mount points for the hammock rope. Levelling of the hammock is adjusted by the rope. Get good strong pipe for the uprights and they have multiple uses beyond hammock frame.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »

Why put ahole in the pipe. Cap em and use em for air storage. I know guys that store air in pipe bumpers, rock sliders, and pretty much any other pipe they could think of.
My solution to a tent is a small 3 man tent that stores u der the seat. I cant do a hammock cause I have a familly with young kids lol.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 11:07:01 PM »

Da pipe is for da hammock :)

Sorry, been away for a week due to a family medical emergency.
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »

Just an update, I surance reclaified my jeep as a buggy last week. Now I pay twice as much :(
Althouh I bouht new fullsize 14 bolt axle s for it and 54" tires along with a set up for nos. That I plan to install this winter.....
now I need to find a new bov lol

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 12:26:09 AM »

got my new bov, another yj!! already have it torn apart for a dana 60 front and dana 70 rear (gonna stretch is 6"s front nd rear) and 350 small block :) i think i have a problem lol

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 11:15:24 PM »

Ya think? Yer Jeephead :) Ain't nothing wrong with that really.

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 07:44:12 AM »

Well it's almost "done". She is however on the road. I ended up grabbing a 1983 ram charger as a doner vehicle. I used the diffs, trans, t-case, and motor (318 v8) sitting on a frame with a 10" stretch and 37" tires. The hardest part was picking a tire size, every part of me wanted to get 40+" tires but common sense said 37's will tackle anything and everything in my area.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »

Yay. At least it is on the road and in use now. :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up