Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some new fishing gear  (Read 2211 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Some new fishing gear
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »

Did some garage sales yesterday and picked up a couple of fishing rods for $3 each. I picked up a nice Shinamo for my girlfriend since she likes them and our neighbor gave her a Shinamo reel a year or so ago. I also picked up a Rhino Indestructible rod. Both rods are heavier duty and for bigger fish than the 2 older (US made) Zebco rods and reels I picked up at the thrift store last year for $5 each.

I'm not all that fond of fish or fishing but I do have a fair amount of fishing gear I've picked up at thrift stores, garage sales and on sale. I figure in a survival situation I'll eat fish, it may not be my favorite food but it is better than some things and it will be food. I suppose I ought to stock up on malt vinegar since I like it on fish. When we go camping and my friends catch some fish I'll have a few pieces, I usually bring my fishing gear along in case someone needs something. My one friend gives me a hard time "for someone who doesn't fish you have a lot of gear, I fish and you have a lot more than I do!"

Hmm, I don't have any ice fishing gear, maybe I'll see if there is any still kicking around on clearance in the stores :) It will round out the 3 travel rod & reel sets, 2 Zebco's and the 2 I picked up yesterday.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Gungnir

• View Profile
Re: Some new fishing gear
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:32:44 PM »

http://m.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-An-Ice-Fishing-Tip-Up/?ALLSTEPS

Best icefishing rods for the preper, light easy to make, and you can do other stuff while it does the fishing for you. You can also buy em dirt cheap though im betting you probably got the supplies kicking around to make em.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »

Nice :)

I'll have to make one one of these days.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 12:34:45 AM »

Walmart, discount stores, wholesale wear houses,  and even dollar stores have em dirt cheap at the end of the season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up