Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cute, ..... and outta the Box  (Read 1160 times)

Spence

• View Profile
Cute, ..... and outta the Box
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »

.... but no pushover. First thing my wife said when I took it out of the box, "It's cute"!, and guns make her crawl.

And it is. First thought that came to me it looked like a BB gun. It's a Marlin 336Y .30. The box says "compact", with the 16.25" barrel. Trying to get the head tilted and the elbow bent enough to accomodate the short stock, and the eye down to the rear aperature is a contortionist dream. I measured what I needed to get comfortable, and I figure a foam 1" butt extension will fix that, besides, the kick of these things aren't puny anyway. I think getting rid of the rear sight, and mounting a peep sight 3" rearward would give me more accuracy. As for a scope, for a truck gun like this thrown behind the seat it would be damaged, besides, I'ts not for hunting mainly.

So my boys and I are going prospecting next month and I'll sight it in first, then carry it in my backpack while panning. It's actually designed for women and teens. Hope she doesn't find out, maybe I'll be out of a rifle.  :P 

Sustainablehome

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page:
Re: Cute, ..... and outta the Box
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:45:23 PM »

Well, congratulations!  And, yeah, better keep quiet about that fact.  :)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: Cute, ..... and outta the Box
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:51:04 PM »

Nice. :)
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up