Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CAP AND BALL REVOLVERS  (Read 1026 times)

Hiddenone

• You Got To Be Kidding!
    • View Profile
CAP AND BALL REVOLVERS
« on: October 29, 2014, 05:10:30 PM »

I have owned a number of cap and ball revolvers and have always been pleased with the accuracy of them. At 100 feet they some of them tend to be nail drivers. I really don't care for single shot pistols as they may be just as accurate but you only have one shot. I would say my favorites are Remington's in either 36 or 44 caliber. They have a top strap that makes them superior to Colts in my experiences. Yes I do own Colts too. I have spent many hours on the range and feel I can shoot just as close a group if not better than a cartridge revolver. Yes black powder and even Pyrodex is dirty and requires some serious cleaning but it isn't anything different than cleaning your cartridge guns. As far as quick loading I have an extra loaded cylinder that I can change about as fast as you can use a speed loader in a cartridge revolver. You just aren't able to fire as many rounds through them before you have to clean them as a cartridge revolver. I do some times like to irritate other shooters by firing a better score with them while they eat all the smoke I create.

Gungnir

• View Profile
Re: CAP AND BALL REVOLVERS
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:34:20 PM »

I been collecting cap and ball pistols for hears along with flint lock. Only down fall to those styles is the chance of misfires.  I would take a muzzle loader almost any day over my modern guns, (and my bow over muzzle loaders) .  My old school collection consist of a pepper box, bull dog, and 3 colt single action (one blued, one origional,  and one nickle) , my only other pistols is my 1911 race gun for ipsc shooting though I kinda grew board of that. My favorte gun I own is actully a traditions .50 cal pellet gun. Its a flintlock with modern sites and can handle pyradex pellets (hence the name) lol I gots a huge collecition of scrap lead from fishing weights, tire weights, batteries, etc cause I pour my own rounds (everything from my cap and balls right to my .338 lapua)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: CAP AND BALL REVOLVERS
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:44:35 AM »

Cap and ball revolvers are nice. I don't any at the moment, but if the right one came along I'd buy it.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up