Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The first 900 Days  (Read 3506 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: The first 900 Days
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 10:26:08 PM »

LOL. Gungnir is making up for the fact that my St Bernard loves her veggies and fruit. At close to 200 pounds she can mow through veggies or fruit in no time, leaves and sticks are also on the menu for her. And the way she reacts to some people we shoulda called her Cujo. Our UPS driver use to open the door, drop off the package, give the Golden Retriever a treat and pet her... we had to warn him that the St Bernard wasn't nearly as friendly and we'd hate for him to pull back a bloody stump.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »

i like tomatoes and radishes lol thats about it unless the veggies were cooked by an asian then there all yummy. lol im not going higher in my jeep, the cog would be to high then, and granny has toilet training issues so shes not allowed in my jeep since my idea of washing it is takeing the doors and top off and taking a trip across the creek to clean the interior then a trip up the 7' waterfall for the undercarage, and the bodys gets washed when it rains lol.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 10:45:20 PM »

LOL. I usually wash the Suburban in the spring to wash the road salt and chems off, but every once in a while I'll wash it during the winter too.
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Sustainablehome

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page:
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »

Gungnir you are going to have to learn to eat your damn veggies! Too much meat is a bad thing see you already are starting to look like bigfoot.

HA!

I don't do a lot of veggies either.  I mostly eat what I grow (so, per last year's harvest, not much).  We never have been, despite growing up in California.  I just think it's more important for a person to know their body and make it happy.  Don't be a pillpopper like my mom (and just keep eating whatever you want) and you'll have a better than average chance of survival.  And don't store foods you don't eat (then expect your body to like living off of beans and rice).

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2014, 09:40:04 AM »

Yeah, beans and rice are fine but if you hate them you're not going to eat much of them.

I store what I like to eat, sure I like rice and beans and I do store them, but I like veggies more. I have a mix of commercially canned, home canned, dehydrated and freeze dried. We tried a lot of the freeze dried meals and ended up staying with Mountain House because they tasted the best. I buy the pouches when I have some extra cash or they are on sale. A lot of my food is dehydrated in #10 cans. Meat being the most difficult to store, but with Keystone meats being tasty and in cans I buy a bunch of that for long term storage and we use it now.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up