Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If They're out There  (Read 1966 times)

Spence

• View Profile
If They're out There
« on: December 31, 2014, 12:09:18 AM »

I was trying to figure a way to raise this subject on this forum has it's usually taken as fiction. The concept that other beings may be out there in some far off solar system has recently become more serious a topic. A few years ago I would have said it was all tongue in cheek, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Until lately, these creatures if they do exist, have taken a standoff approach to our activities, looking at our doings with mild interest. When actual encounters were made , they usually went about their business. The only reactive thing that would happen is accidental, like electrical stuff malfunctioning and sun burns and stuff, and paint peeling on car hoods. Sometimes they would respond, as one did recently by someone who flashed 3 times on his flashlite, with a like response from the craft.

But of late they have become more cockey and the government officials have started to open up to people who have experienced the encounter. They admit their existence but are concerned about the panic it would start and the fact they can't do anything to attack these technologically advanced machines. Recently a piper cub ran right into one on approach to a Texas airport. It just sat there in the sky. Another football field sized machine scared the crew of a 747 over the ocean not far from Alaska. The pilot was a trained Japanese fighter pilot with thousands of hours flight time. There were over 200 people aboard. It played games with the liner and approached really close, enough that a small deviation by both craft would have ended in a disaster. Another 30ft machine hovered over the airport control tower of a major airport for a good half hour. It punched a neat round hole in the clouds when it took off vertically. Many passengers, airport personell and off duty pilots saw it.

It is getting more apparent that we need to learn about their technology real quick if what we are seeing is true. We know their character and we can exploit it*. They see us has no threat. Their telepathy can be breached(one lady who was constantly abducted figured how). They don't seem to know how to react to violence. They usually scurry off into an alcove or room on the ship. They have been known to have bystanders aliens who just watch when one of their own is attacked. As well, possible weaknesses in their machines can be exploited. It's well known that the weakest part of an assembly is where components join a main body. Hatch joints, port lights, boundaries between circulating parts and stationary parts are all areas that can be probed by well placed AP rounds fired in succession at the same points. Maybe if someone had a LAW then the heads may do more damage.

Now what this we hope would accomplish is to disable and detract. We need to capture one and reverse engineer it. The government will not see kindly a guy who shoots at it, even though a court case would be a sure win since the government says they don't even exist. They may try to get us on discharge of a weapon in populated areas. This may be a sacrifice we need to make for teh cause. The threat of war is low. The loss of one of their craft they probably know is at area 51 doesn't phase them. Their society is probably Borg like with expendable machines and aliens. A group of armed guys can follow a falling machine ready to keep the creatures occupied away from damage repair by use of suppressing fire. I'm sure they can't do mach(whatever) with a cracked port, or a damaged hatch seal. The propulsion system may be damaged by a super hard chunk of metal jamed in the crevice. 

One 10ft diameter machine was seen sucking up swamp water from a snorkel, with 4 more waiting to do the same. Water vapor was seen shooting out of the bottom when they accelerated out at high speed. This all looks like low tech vulnerable stuff to me.

Tactics would need to be learned. On landing I doubt they are scrutinizing us very much as far as deliberate aggression, although they may have some counter measure. If they think we're primitive, then a few designated people may help who stand around and look stupid(doing some monkey stuff may provide alien humourous entertainment), while the 'swat team' members hide behind inorganic barriers in case a zap beam can burn up organic stuff. It is risky if they use nuclear stuff or genetic damaging beams. 

The abductees can help too. It may provide another way of hyjacking one of these. A regular abductee is a good choice, but it would take a brave one for sure. A plaster cast on a leg or a sudden baby bump from what I learned fascinates them to no end. Good place to put a 1911/.45 and maybe a box of ammo. Usually these people are weakened to the point they give up while on the table being probed by these... veterinarians. But it appears the fingers still have their reflex action. A triggered finger with a detonating device would exploit the sealed close quarters of these machines which would intensify the effect. The propulsion system would definitly be damaged. He would need to wear ear protection and find a metal barrier to hide behind, such as the operating table he's on which he could upset when ready. If he's more mobile with all his facultuies, the leg cast could be hinged and popped open to grab the piece and take out the immediate members. It would definetly detract the aliens from any escape plans.  Then of course the risks are damage to the oxgen supply, fire, ariel elevation and traveling or stationary, richochet.   

So I'm ready. Everyone should familiarize himself with propulsion systems of this world. Generally everything flies in a straight line, and must make a circular turn. A chopper maybe but slowly. If the craft flies from one sweep to the other like a flashlight would, it's not one of ours. If it's beaming a cherry tree with light, then no company with a tight budget would build a silent ship costing millions to investigate flora. If it's beaming a light in someone's bedroom, it's not showing the latest alien movie film to the occupants, it's not one of ours. If it stops your car, gives you a sunburn, cooks your dash, burns your new paint job, shuts off everything electrical,spins your watch hands, then it's not one of ours.

Socially, they are not good creatures. They would know what diplomacy is when they approach worlds of equivalent technology. They would go to great trouble to be super respectable. Knowing this, they snoop around here like they're up to something and don't bother to ask if we mind. From what we can gather so far in the standard patterns from diverse people throught the globe, is that they have no respect or feelings about us. They operate on our children in their machines at will without anesthesia. There's evidence of species crossing and genetic tampering. They could be using us for food, who knows.

So I'll be ready. I'll be the one hiding in the bush behind the placard carrying suiciders that say 'take us with you'.

This threat may no longer be hypothetical. The government deals with a population who is quite knowledgable on how precarious his life is, with asteroid impacts and all the other threats, so unlike the "attack of the killer tomatoe" generation of the 50's, there's no excuse to think we'd be panicked if they broadcast the truth. The worst it would do would distract us for maybe a week away from the tabloids and stories of the antics of the Kardashian's, sell more alien print swimming gear, create more alien chip stands, and start  up alien language training schools.

* references: years of reading the stories in flying saucer review and other magazines from the 50's, but what else can I use, they don't exist anyway.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:19:46 AM by Spence »

Gungnir

• View Profile
Re: If They're out There
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:44:15 AM »

If you belive the conspiracy theorists there is a base underground where a bunch of et's are and the american government trades them americans  to test on for technology.  Now for how I fell about it. I think the are real, I find it I, possible for there not to be aother being throuhout the thousands of planets in space. If there here I dont see them as a thret to me and if they are im not gonna worry about it. I feel if they want us dead and to take our planet there is nothing we can to do about it. I mean hey were able to track us down, come here, hide here, etc. There technology would be far supperior and chances are all our weapons not work.

Spence

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:28:38 PM »

I don't think so. They couldn't keep it secret if it was going on for 70-100 years. Something would give. But I don't think we should serve ourselves up on a silver platter either. I'm from a different mindset I guess. To me when someone says something's impossible, that usually sets off a challenge in me. To me there are two ways to win, beating the enemy, or losing and bringing some with me in the process. But all we need is one disabled craft to kick off an international confidence of our abilities and to expose the risk. It would also help peace by putting our international collective heads to a single cause. The odd man out sad to say is our own military/government who means well with it's outdated disinformation campagne meant for the common good to prevent panic. However, we can never know when the situation has gone from yellow to 'code red' since the enemy will initiate the attack. Therefore the only remedy is to be at the ready and prapare. We should be learning about the enemy's capabilities and weaknesses. If we learn everything and nothing happens then that's copesetic. We just wait for them to come out for a peaceful 'close encounter of the third kind'.

The trick is to be ready and in the survivalist frame of mind. Keeping a collective head and keeping focused and aware. The fascination of the thing needs to be ignored. Getting behind that pile of rocks as discreet as possible to make that precision shot and quick succession following shots is the priority. If they capture me and mind melt a telepathetic QA session, I'll tell them this planet is ours and they made the mistake of not asking for our permission to enter out atmosphere. Before they get that, I'll also demand compensation for all the deaths and carelessness they caused while being here.  If they permit it I'll throw in a lecture on how for an advanced society they sure act in an immature,cosmically undiplomatic  uncivilized manner.

Whatever happens I can say I did my part.

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:38:36 AM »

im with you on the impossible is a challange. But if they have been here for as long as some say, then they are good. lol ill go down kicking and scream but im not gonna run much fartther then my bol.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 10:39:41 PM »

I've gotten flack because I won't make fun of people who bring up the topic of aliens or invasion from outer space. Hell, I'll even look at it like I would any other situation and think about how I would react and what gear would be needed.

That being said...

Do I believe there is life out there in the universe of the intelligent kind? Well, Drake, a very famous scientist created what has become known as the Drake Equation and it said at the time that mathematically speaking there is intelligent life out there with high technology. Drake came up with the equation decades ago, we now know there are more stars than he originally used in his equation and that planets are more the norm than the exception, so intelligent life with high technology has a greater chance of existing right now.

I think it's rather arrogant to believe that we are the only intelligent civilization in the universe. Do I think they've come and visited us? I don't know, I haven't seen any concrete proof. I've seen a lot of "proof" and circumstantial "evidence" that indicates they may have visited us or may be here. I know some of the abductees and believers are full of crap, and there are some that truly believe what they are saying, so I'm in the "maybe" or unconvinced camp.

I find a lot of skeptics and "debunkers" to be a joke to be honest. Their biggest question is "why would they come here?" which seems rather childish to me. If you had the technology and ability to go visit the other side of the universe you'd probably want to do it just to see what is out t here. Curiosity is key to intelligence, so it stands to basic reason that an intelligent race who had the ability to explore would explore. After all, we left Africa and Europe to see what was out there.

It is possible to keep secrets for decades. And if some information does get out you make fun of the people leaking the information, or you discredit them, or you kill them. There are many conspiracy theories out there on many different topics, whether they are real or not is another matter... as well as to what degree. Just look at the assassination of JFK, the records were recently sealed for another 50 years... no reason to do that unless there was something to hide.

But, if we are being visited by aliens with far superior technology the question is are they generally benign or are they generally aggressive? If there are some out there that want to invade and take over then we'd have to deal with them the best we could. Saying that their weapons make it impossible for us to resist is not something I would say, it may make it very difficult but so long as there is the will to resist then I'll maintain hope that a way will be found. If they're good and the governments are keeping it from us then I think it is time to let us know, most people will accept it... there will always be people who can't handle change and there isn't much we can do about that.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »

I find a lot of skeptics and "debunkers" to be a joke to be honest. Their biggest question is "why would they come here?" which seems rather childish to me.

that has to be the dumbest reason to not believe in something. Just look at mankind, if we can go somewhere we will, we even build vehicles specially designed to go places just cause. For instance on the cheap side, all us expiditioners, i alone have put close to 10k into my jeep just to get places no one else can simply for the reason that i can, on the high end you have nasa and there rockets.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 09:50:10 PM »

Yeah, it is the dumbest reason, but most of the debunkers think of themselves as rational scientists or science minded folks. The problem is that most "scientists" refuse to look at new ideas, take for instance warm blooded dinosaurs - I remember when the paleontologist who proposed the idea was considered a quack and nut by the rest of his peers... oops, turns out he was correct and the text books had to be changed. Science has become a religion and those that have theories or ideas contrary to the currently accepted dogma are "excommunicated".
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Sustainablehome

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 02:06:49 PM »

Why would they come here?  The best response I have heard to that one was a question: "Did you ever have an ant farm when you were a kid?"  Except ants don't build WMDs.

Do I believe we are alone in the universe?  No.  Do I have proof? No and probably won't in my life time.  Is it something I focus on in a survival situation? No and for the same reasons I don't prepare for a hurricane or blizzard.  It's not practical for my brain to focus on unlikely scenarios.  Hell, I think there are enough threats out there to keep a brain busy that I don't focus on the least-likely (in my opinion) to happen to me.  Plus, so many preps for other situations could apply to an alien invasion. 

Just take a look at all the different scenarios in science fiction movies: 

The new War of the Worlds?  EMP, bugging out, safe forms of communication, shelter, food, etc.
Battle Los Angeles? Bugging out, safe forms of communication, shelter, food, weapons and plenty of ammo, etc.
The Original Day the Earth Stood Still (refused to watch the new one)?  Off-grid living, mostly.
Edge of Tomorrow (Live, Die, Repeat)? Bugging out, safe forms of communication, shelter, food, weapons and plenty of ammo, etc.

Now, if I had the knowledge and ability to build a phaser or disrupter, you can bet I'd be doing it!

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 02:26:45 AM »

You did think about them, and came up with what would be needed.

A hostile invasion from an extraterrestrial race would be about the same as an invasion from a hostile nation for preppers. The main things that would be needed would remain the same. A preppers main goals would be about the same - survive and possibly fight back depending on circumstances. Fighting back may mean facing weapons or technology that are not familiar which would entail developing tactics to deal with those weapons or that technology and finding the proverbial chink in their armor.

Even though the situation may be unlikely, it only takes a short amount of time to see how the situation compares to others and how your current preps will work in that situation.

Even in California you get cold weather, so dealing with a blizzard isn't much different than other situations you prepare for.

arkit2

• BTDT and it still hurts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »

Shortened long story - Old friends dad worked for Airforce security in THAT place. His adult son (Green Beret s/f type) begs dad to tell him if ET exists< Dad is silent. The only tells him " we are not alone". Years pass. Dad retires and son is recruited to replace dad. He swears he will tell me if he gets job about the little green men. He scores the job and dissappears. Two years later I get a Christmas card. It simply said Merry Christmas,,,we are not alone.   

Yea, I believe there is something or someone out there.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 09:38:32 PM »

I like the shortened story :)

Somewhere on the forums in a post I talk about a lunch my girlfriend had when she was in training back when we lived in Denver. The guy she was having lunch with had worked at/in Cheyenne Mountain, he mentioned that. She responded with "but there's nothing there, it's a decoy and the real command center is North Bay, Ontario", he was shocked that she knew about North Bay, and it was before Canada mothballed the facility and it was still kind of hush hush... not a secret, just not talked about so few knew about it. There was some other talk and he confirmed there were aliens without actually saying it. Body language is a great thing to understand, and when you say something that ought not be known those who know and don't expect you to know are always shocked.

But, I ain't seen em personally so I will reserve judgement on if they are out there and if one or more governments are working with them or fighting them or whatever.

Pages: [1]   Go Up