Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4patriots  (Read 984 times)

Gungnir

• View Profile
4patriots
« on: March 14, 2016, 03:36:38 PM »

As a general rule I tend to stay away from most things made for peppers.  Besides being an over priced marketing gimmicks it's usually a scam.   http://www.thetrace.org/2016/03/nra-newsletter-ads-exploit-flint-water-crisis/

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: 4patriots
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:37:47 PM »

Sounds like a scam to me. It's the 'x 4 x' that is usually a good indicator of scam.

There are some good companies out there, they're also the ones that have been around for a long time. Over the years I've had some legitimate contacts from people wanting to advertise on the site in some way. Most I never even bothered replying to, some ended up sounding like snake oil. One I actually came to an agreement with. Heh, maybe one day I'll actually have enough advertising to claim a buck earned on my taxes... if this was a "legitimate business" it woulda went under years ago LOL.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »

one thing ive noticed is that 95% of the time (ok i pulled that statistic out of my ass) its usually just some business "savy" person jumping on a niech. People are lazy and want everything done for them so they buy these pre set up kits made up of junk at double price the price of just heading to walmart and buying everything in the kit list which is more then likely what they did. oh and dont forget the hollow handle rambo knife that comes with a earing for a fishing hook, 2' of fishing line, a match, some wax paper, and topped with a broken compass as a handle cap!!!
lol, ok i actually own like 5 of those rambo knifes, i buy them when there onsale at canadian tire for $5 and use them as kitchen knives. they work great in the kitchen and really make you feel manly (and scare the shit out of the daughters boyfriend when he comes over for dinner and finds one of them set at his dinner plate and i obviously have to use my bowie instead because screw steak knives)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 11:05:08 PM »

Yeah, there are a lot of fly by night companies out there. I have a friend who keeps sending me these links for kits and I always respond "Way over priced and full of junk." I keep telling him I'll provide him a shopping list of what to buy if he wants.

If I had the money I'd love to get into the business of selling kits, good quality kits with a fair profit margin. But I'd have to make a significant up front investment to get the wholesale prices that would allow me to sell them at a good price and still make a bit of profit... not like these 100% profit junk ones most places sell.
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 11:08:12 AM »

Any profit is good profit.  Could always start small.  I have made a few for people,  cash up front and I just get paid for my time.

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »

One thing I added to my kits is 3 throwing knives. After who doesn't need more light weight knife!  Granted they suck for self defence but make great spear tips,  there a sharp edge,  and are good boredom killers to help relax your mind when everything around you is hitting the fan.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 09:23:17 PM »

Yeah, could make on demand I suppose.

I thought of something like 9 inch spikes with both ends sharpened to play with :)

Gungnir

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 09:44:53 AM »

Spikes are generally heavy.  I like the small 3 for $10 throwing knives!  You get the extra function of a sharp edge raising it's total possible uses :)  just make sure to paint em,  especially if you plan to throw them or even put them down in the woods.  All my edged tools are painted hunter orange except for my one blade that never leaves my belt. Everytime I go in the woods I find a knife someone probably just put down then couldn't find later.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »

I don't know that they would be heavier. Of course I could make my own from steel rod.

Yeah, color is good in the woods :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up