Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And gun control is back on the table  (Read 511 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
And gun control is back on the table
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:55:48 PM »

Another Muslim whack job killing people and gun control is back on the table. "Assault Weapons" have to go according to the usual gun grabbers.

The uneducated, or willfully stupid, simply don't (or refuse) to get that an AR15 is no more an "Assault Weapon" than a Ford F350 Super Duty is a sub-compact. An "assault weapon" has the capability to fire semi auto (one squeeze of the trigger = one bang), burst (one squeeze of the trigger = 3 bangs) and fully automatic (one squeeze of the trigger = multiple bangs until you let go or it runs out of ammunition whichever comes first.

So an AR15 LOOKS like an M16 or M4 on the outside but it ISN'T the same on the inside. Squeeze the trigger on an AR15 and you get ONE bang. Not three or more!

Once upon a time you could buy kit cars that would make your Volkswagon Bug. They still make them today http://www.bgwspectre.com/rods.html So you can have your Bug look like an exotic car on the outside but that doesn't change what's under the dress up.

Looked at another way, if you're not a blonde and believe that blondes have more fun you may choose to bleach or dye your hair. Does that mean you're really a blonde? Nope, you just look it. If you're a natural blonde or brunette and have hair dyed red and they said that all red heads must be arrested would you be arrested? Going by the same logic as those who want to ban AR15s because they are "Assault Weapons" you would be counted as a red head because you look like one.

And as for banning Assault Weapons... they were banned from civilian ownership, with few exceptions, in 1934 (See the National Firearms Act... an almost word for word copy of the gun control act that Hitler put in place in Nazi Germany).
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Sustainablehome

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page:
Re: And gun control is back on the table
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 08:36:04 AM »

Yeah, this latest one sent me over the edge. I have (as those who are Facebook can attest ... hint, hint) been very non-confrontational on Facebook. That is, until now. I have many friends on there that are liberal (VERY liberal) but we have so much in common otherwise, I am willing to just keep scrolling (my rule is: you don't argue on my wall, I won't argue on yours). But someone I knew before I even met you went all anti-gun and I lost it. I hold so much in on there because of the friend policy I adopted a long time ago (including just about everyone to teach myself to not be so angry all the time). Just wait to see what lovely new laws will be implemented if Billary gets into the White House!

Hiddenone

• You Got To Be Kidding!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:31:34 AM »

Think the wack jobs are for the most part all in DC. they seem to get nothing done and then want to steamroll gun regulation. Guess that's par for the course with those people. Not a real problem just enforce the laws you have on the books as new laws will not do any good.

Sustainablehome

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:16:02 PM »

It's election time, so go after guns. I'm amazed with all the bills that were already on their way through when this shooting took place.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 11:05:30 PM »

With the gooberment it's always antigun time.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up