Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melting down old lead  (Read 149 times)

Hiddenone

• You Got To Be Kidding!
    • View Profile
Melting down old lead
« on: April 12, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »

I save a lot of soft lead from jobs that I do. I had about 12 five gallon buckets of it and this winter while I was using the wood burners I decided to melt it down and pour it into 1lbs ingots. Worker real well as I had several cast iron lead pots and would fill them up and set them inside of the wood burner to melt down. Worked well as all the bad smoke went up the chimney and outside. When I was finished and this did take a couple of weeks to get it all done I had over 500lbs of lead.
   This is all soft lead and great for making round balls for muzzleloaders and fishing weights. In order to use it in rifles and handguns I add wheel weights to it at a rate of 7lbs of soft lead to 3lbs of wheel weights to a batch and get #2 lead that is hard enough to fire in cartridge guns.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: Melting down old lead
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 04:54:09 PM »

Nice :)
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up