Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A new civil war in the US?  (Read 305 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
A new civil war in the US?
« on: April 29, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »

If you've been paying attention to the news in the US since Trump was elected President you're bound to have seen the violence at pro-Trump rallies and conservative speaking events on college campuses by Antifa and other groups. Antifa has been on the front lines, causing the violence at these rallies and turning them from peaceful gatherings to violent events. A lot of these Antifa members are students and in some cases teaching professionals, one of their key spokespeople in California is a teaching professional. Leading up to the election we saw conservative speakers having their speaking engagements being disrupted or canceled due to these same individuals.

Antifa hasn't done very well when it comes to violence, when the people they are protesting and attacking fight back and Antifa gets the short end of the stick they lament their effectiveness and talk about being better prepared for the violence. They've had some success when three or more of them are beating on one person with sticks and whatnot. They're calling what they're doing a war, so we're already at war in their minds. Antifa has sold credit card knives on their website to better arm their people. Some of these same people have talked online about the need to start bringing guns when they plan to disrupt an event and cause violence.

I said months ago that they would show up to an event to disrupt it and cause violence and one time when three of them was beating on one person a gun would be pulled by a person lawfully carrying it and they would use the gun to defend themselves. At that point it would get very ugly. So far it hasn't happened, but if the children of Antifa bring guns one time they WILL use them and we will see a lot of injured and dead people. Antifa members are the type that don't use guns and have no idea how to use them (for the most part) while the people they are beating on are the type who use guns and know how to use them.

Thankfully I live far away from a big city and the potential for seeing this kind of violence is slim. If things spiral out of control because Antifa does bring guns then who knows.

So while the potential, although slim, is there it behooves me to prepare for it as much as I can. I've been planning to buy a new handgun and get my concealed carry permit. I bought a small .45ACP Springfield XDS that is slightly longer than my wallet and will easily fit in my front jeans pocket. It's not the ideal handgun, but it met my requirements and I got a good deal on it.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A new civil war in the US?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »

I have the Springfield XDS, nice little hand gun. It fits in my cargo shorts behind my wallet in the front pocket quite nicely. I haven't taken it out to shoot yet though. I compared it to a friend's Ruger LC380 and it's about the same size. I much prefer .45ACP to .380 aka 9mm Short aka 9mm Kurz aka 9mm Browning aka 9x17 (talk about a lot of names for one caliber and I'm even leaving a few off LOL).
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Hiddenone

• You Got To Be Kidding!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 12:17:37 PM »

Not smart to go anywhere without one. I do prefer the regular 1911 and since I am a big guy if fits well.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 09:16:00 PM »

I like 1911s too, but I wanted a .45ACP I can drop into my pocket and call good. The Fargo area is about as safe as you can get as far a cities go so it does have that going for it.

Hiddenone

• You Got To Be Kidding!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:06 AM »

The largest close city is 70 miles away and they have had 15 murders so far this year. While not as bad as Chicago it's bad enough to cause worry. These bums have been acting up for years and it spills out into the local suburbs. A town 35 miles away have 3 murder in one night with a corn knife by an illegal from El Salvador. LOL since our state doesn't have the death penalty he gets 3 hot meals and cable tv for life.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:11:06 PM »

Fargo is within 10 miles, but a murder around here is still BIG news.

Pages: [1]   Go Up