Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deer stands (Junk week)  (Read 155 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Deer stands (Junk week)
« on: May 03, 2017, 09:38:27 PM »

It's out local junk week and I've been out after work seeing what I could find. This year has been good to me so far, there's still a night left to go.

I was looking for things for the new deer stand I'll be building this year, and the hunting shack. I picked up six exterior doors, all 36 inch with large windows on the top half. I picked up two 4 x 2 ft double pane sliding windows with "easy clean" so they open in... great for a full view in the deer stand :) I also picked up another window the same size that is hinges out about 45 degrees (can be made to hinge more with some piano hinge)  so it will work as well. I figure I have at least two or three walls worth of windows. Another place got me quite a bit of medium pile carpet that will work on the lower half of the stands to cut down any noise from boots kicking it, or on the floor. There is enough carpet to put on the floors and the walls of all of our deer stands. My deer stand will end up having an 8 x 8 foot floor so the interior will be closer to 7 feet 4 inches square. It will be big enough to sleep in if I want to for opening day.

I also picked up about a 3 foot stack of click together laminate flooring, it's about 8 inches by 4 feet. I haven't decided if that will be deer stand floors or used in out hunting shack. There is easily enough to do the floor of the half of the hunting shack we need to build this year, although we could do at least one of the walls, or something.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Blueduck

• Blogger
  • Blueduck
    • View Profile
    • Central Idaho Martial Arts Center
Re: Deer stands (Junk week)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:05:48 PM »

My idea of a deer stand is a tall stump on the edge of a clear cut i can look down 3-400 meters into...... lol

other than that, i prefer 60-100 shots from casually walking thru the forest on game trails i know are being used daily.....

I know whole different kind of circumstances for western folk.

just being me today

William
Idaho
Blueduck is an endangered specie...... a native born Idahoan

William
Central Idaho
Pages: [1]   Go Up