Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: early fall 2017  (Read 173 times)

Blueduck

• Blogger
  • Blueduck
    • View Profile
    • Central Idaho Martial Arts Center
early fall 2017
« on: September 08, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »

With the hurrycanes in the Southern US, and the Wildfires in the western states, no one is commenting on how the nights in the western states are somewhat cooler than usual for this time of year, but i notice it.

Not to the point of freezing temps,, but non typical cooler mornings and huge swings into the day for this area, and the smoke we have has given us some higher than normal humidity levels, though not enough to dampen fire problems here in North Central Idaho, we are under no camp fire restrictions and mostly that due to air quality not fire danger levels..... go figure... the DEQ has stepped into the flexing muscle it has not done before.

Anyhow, just a random end of week thought as i watch folks empty shelves in Florida and along the east coast a couple days in advance of "Irma" coming to a town near them.  Many new folks asking questions on the facebook groups that i watch.... answered a couple.... directed some this way a few weeks ago.... don't know if anyone came or if they did, came back to read any..... 17 second attention span..... instant updates.... not many prefer the old style forums any more.

Blueduck
Blueduck is an endangered specie...... a native born Idahoan

William
Central Idaho

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: early fall 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »

Yeah, I've noticed fall is arriving sooner than normal. I've seen some trees turning already along with cooler nights. Although Fargo set a record high today at 93F. Things do seem to be pointing to a hard winter, whether that will be long or cold or both remains to be seen.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Blueduck

• Blogger
  • Blueduck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:32:03 AM »

A friend in west virginia today had an earthquake, cracked his house foundation in 2 places, his daughter was home said it sounded like the wind was ripping off the roof, and it was only a 3 point something shake.... but he is on a "rocky top" and may have had a compound effect.... he is worried the rain coming up from the hurrycane is gonna wash into his living room which is built into the hillside.... and where it cracked.... anyhow he sed that the trees were all turning already, nut trees were sheddin their nuts, and though it has been hot there, it like alot of other places just flipped....  hopefully this is not that mini ice age thing you werw talking about years ago......

cold front moved down from Canada and the smoke cleared up here the past three days....

William
Central Idaho

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 07:47:19 PM »

My friend's oak trees are dropping their acorns, have been for the last few weeks. Last year there were no acorns, this year a bumper crop.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Blueduck

• Blogger
  • Blueduck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »

Good to know the acorns are a bumper.... they do make a good meal for adding to foods..... stretching the grains out a little.

Snowed on Rogers pass hwy 200 [road between Bonner and Great Falls] in Montana yesterday officially.... a little early, but not to unusual i reckon for that pass historically.  we still climbed to 72F yesterday cloudy as it was, about 15-20 degrees cooler than last week....

been able to clean on my tool shed that ive neglected the past three years, got a path front to back on one side and am a little more organized, the cooler day temps helped.... sorted out a few pounds of brass and copper ive had in there for a long time, next time down river will take it to pacific steel in Lewiston.... price is only 95 cents for #1 copper, but its up. ...  $1.25 for brass which is up too.... but stainless is way down yet at a quarter a pound.... and i have a passel of old flatware to take in... thinking ill hold it awhile yet.

William
Central Idaho

Hiddenone

• You Got To Be Kidding!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 11:19:13 AM »

I think the weather has been screwy all year. Too much rain and then not enough rain. Lots of these farmers are screaming about how light the crops are. I have been enjoying the cooler weather in the 70's as farmers markets are starting to wind down for the year. It has been a challenge to grow things this year but did ok and will plant and sell even more next year. Been off the puter awhile since the latest lightning strike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up