Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deer stands and cordless drills  (Read 93 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Deer stands and cordless drills
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:23:45 PM »

The last few weekends I've been working on my deer stand. Knowing I was going out today and not wanting to run the generator all day and since I didn't borrow my friend's cordless I decided to get one for myself. I'm not sure how many corded drills I have, but I have 1/4" drills, 3/8" drills and some big and bigger 1/2 inch drills. I picked up a Menards "Masterforce" drill that seems good.

As for the deer stand, it's about 10 feet in the air with stairs to get up the the 4x5 foot skid that serves as a landing. The stand itself is built on two 4x9 foot skids bolted together so it's 8x9 foot with a peaked roof. I have some great views and the deer seem to have already accepted it being in their environment.

Today I got all the windows in, the door up, some but not all of the railings. I still have work to do on it, including carpet on the floor and the bottom of the walls. I'll end up finishing that this week, most likely Thursday.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Blueduck

• Blogger
  • Blueduck
    • View Profile
    • Central Idaho Martial Arts Center
Re: Deer stands and cordless drills
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 12:56:24 PM »

my smart aleck self says "thats not a deer stand, its a weekend getaway"  but if it works then it works.  My idea of a deer stand is an old stump that was left over from days of past logging.... I can climb up get a different perspective of the trail, and wait awhile or jump off and continue to still hunt to the next stump....

however, as i get older, a cozy spot like yer building gets to sounding a whole lot nicer than walking thru the woods in the weather......

BD
Blueduck is an endangered specie...... a native born Idahoan

William
Central Idaho

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: Deer stands and cordless drills
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:20:28 PM »

It's big enough to sleep in if desired, which was part of the plan :) It ain't insulated aside from some spray foam in cracks, that may happen next year or may not.

We have several stands around the property and wait for the deer to come to us. We'll push the deer on the last day of the season if we want more and have tags to fill.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up