Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deer hunting 2017  (Read 22 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Deer hunting 2017
« on: November 10, 2017, 10:32:13 PM »

I was able to go hunting for 5 days, with 4 that I can't hunt due to some family stuff. Saturday opener I got two small does who came in real early, if the light would have been better I would have let them go on the first weekend. Late Sunday I had two more come in, one was a big doe and the other was a smaller doe or maybe the big one's kid. I got the big doe but couldn't quite get the other.

Some in my hunting group joked that maybe I was a member of PETA and couldn't shoot a deer. Well, when your stand is in a good location and you see deer you actually get to shoot them. No questioning that I can pull the trigger or shoot em, not like I had any doubts. The guy who gave me the most crap ain't seen a thing this year, guess he gets to take the crap this year.

I've been hunting for 4 or 5 years and previous to this year I've only seen a small fawn and the back of a buck's neck at 100 yards. I took a shot at the buck as crappy as it was and missed, no surprise really.

Last year when some in my group took shots (two or three people) at the same buck and didn't put it down we found that I was probably the best tracker in the group.

So I can add the hunting, tracking and skinning skills to the list. Practicing skills is always good, and I got to practice skinning this year without someone doing half of it like last year.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up