Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New BOT (Bug Out Trailer)  (Read 35 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
New BOT (Bug Out Trailer)
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:45:16 PM »

A while back I got a line on a very well maintained 5x8 V nose trailer, the V adds two feet to the length. It has only the one door on the rear, which I prefer to having one on the side. Inside width is a bit less than 5 feet but it is 6 feet at the walls and two inches higher down the center.

It was a construction trailer with roof racks, so I have a place to put canoes or what not. It did have shelves on one side, but I didn't like them so I took them out (they were too wide and wouldn't allow for a balanced load). I still have to put new shelves in, 12 inches wide on each side so I will still have nearly 3 feet between them. Originally I was going to space the shelves at 18 inches, but I've decided to put them at 2 feet. That will give me 3 shelves on each side. That will give me plenty of room to keep all of my camping (aka bug out) gear and still have room for other items should I have to bug out.

The old bug out trailer will have the enclosure removed so it won't be so top heavy and will just be a mini pickup box trailer, maybe I'll put on a cover of some sort... or maybe not.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Hiddenone

• You Got To Be Kidding!
    • View Profile
Re: New BOT (Bug Out Trailer)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 08:58:31 AM »

that sounds really good. I would recommend attaching E Track on the sides of the trailer at 2 and 4 foot. This has worked real well for me in my cube van. They have about a million different types of fitting for it at Harbor Freight or Northern. I have even built shelves that fasten on the 2x4 e track mounts and they can be installed or remover in minutes and give you many options for your trailer or truck configuration. Have a 6x2 foot work bench that I can remove and use outside of the truck on jobs and I always make them so 1 person can  remove or install them. Since everything fits on both sides it is handy as hell to have. Since I do end up working on grass or grave a lot I have made the legs so I can slip on wheels to move it around easier. These also fit on the bottom of any shelf units I have made. I find it real handy to use moving them around the shed or the shop when I remove them from the truck. Have even impressed a few people at Menards when I have to pick some supplies and materials up by being able to move the units around in the truck for more room to make sure the load is balanced.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Re: New BOT (Bug Out Trailer)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 09:00:17 PM »

I'll have to look at e track, thanks.
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up