Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget... With the upgrades you can change the theme in your profile.
The "Original" theme is available again. Choose "Old SurvivalistsSite Theme (2.0) for the "Original" theme.

The links above will open in a new window.

Would you like to advertise on SurvivalistsSite.com? For more information email ads@survivalistssite.com

Poll

Should SurvivalistsSite.com have columns/articles/blogs?

Yes
- 2 (66.7%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Doesn't matter to me
- 0 (0%)
Yes, and I'd write a column
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 24, 2005, 04:49:00 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekly or monthly columns/articles/blogs  (Read 3675 times)

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page
Weekly or monthly columns/articles/blogs
« on: November 14, 2005, 04:44:46 AM »

Something for the future... columns/articles/blogs by regular posters on a given topic. Someone could do Suzy on Soapmaking or Gus on Guns or Comments by Cindy or.... This would be somewhat seperate from the actual message forums with a link to tie everything together. By design these would be more detailed than a post on the message forums and more like a magazine or newspaper article, they could be weekly, montly or occasionally.

I've added a poll so people can provide some input on columns/articles/blogs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 04:48:48 AM by Canuck In Denver »
My SurvivalistsSite.com Blog: http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/canuck.php
My SurvivalistsSite.com Community Page: www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Want a FREE Blog or Community Page? Contact me by PM or email. 

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly or monthly columns/articles/blogs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:02:59 AM »

Hmmm. No real interest, not even in the poll. Well, I have a blogs section up and running. There is no content, but it is there if someone wants to have their own space to blog on emergency preparedness, survival or homesteading. PM or email me for details.
My Emergency Preparedness and Survival Basics Guide (ebook): www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/canucks_ebook.pdf

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 01:23:28 PM »

We have our first blogger! As soon as he has something posted in his blog I will make the blogs section public.

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 12:34:50 AM »

The blogs are now done and public. Not only do we have one blogger already but someone else has shown interest.

The blogs look best in Firefox. Internet Exploder has issues with the latest standards so not everything displays properly. It doesn't look too bad, but Internet Exploder centers everything on the sidebar. For those of you using Internet Exploder as your browser you are going to see more and more websites that don't display properly. In the past there were work arounds to get it look ok in Internet Exploder but more and more web masters are getting tired of Microsoft being so far behind Internet standards and because Microsoft has already said that they have chosen not to implement the current standards but will wait until the next standards come out. This is Microsoft speak for "we have to completely re-write the code from the ground up so we're going to try derail the standards or give ourselves time to buy up someone else's product... or if all else fails re-write out crappy software".

With all the browser alternatives to Internet Exploder, from IE based ones like Opera, to open source ones like Firefox there is no reason to stay with IE and have the web look poorly. In most cases the alternatives to IE are much better.

freebird

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »

I agree completely, CD. I was having one problem after another with IE and fought it for months. Finally gave in and tried Mozilla Firefox and will never go back voluntarily! Haven't figured our how to use the RSS feeds in a functionally effecient manor, yet, but I will. I think just the multy-tabbed layout makes it worth it! Mark

Canuck In Denver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:07:28 PM »

I'm not sure how RSS works with Firefox. Somewhere I posted a link to Feedreader, a free feed reading program. You can then go to the RSS link and copy and paste the RSS feed information into Feed Reader. Plus you can go to the blogs and click on the RSS or Atom buttons.

Pages: [1]   Go Up